Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design


Scratch Game Chase

Scratch Game Platformer

     

Chase Code
Freedom Game
Hey Guys Im back and this weeks blog is about our "Scratch Game Design" how we made it and who we thought about when we were making this Scratch Chase game. When I was creating my game I thought each character or sprite should be 3 of my friends because each sprite is really wacky or crazy. That's why instead of the shark sprite saying "Im going to get you" it adds  more detail like "Im going to get you little fishy" One of my friends is the Shark, tough and likes to chase people. The fish is my second friend she is shy, but is very confident and will beat you in a game. The third sprite is a wacky crazy starfish that doesn't know what's going on and wants to get somewhere else.
                                                                     
Platformer Code
The feature of my game is for my sprite to get my two other sprites the evil yellow blocks.You have 1 minute to get both of the blocks. I need to debug my game a little more because when your suppose to jump it glitches and goes somewhere else so I need to do that if I did that my game would be good and I need to make my game a little more smooth too. If I do that my game should be good.

My best code would be when im trying to make my sprites say something corny or funny. My most difficult problem was when I had to make my sprite jump. I had helpful tips from the focus wall on the videos of ''Simple Jumping and Gravity Engine''. I also thought that Google helped me a lot because if I was faced with a problem I would look up a way to solve the problem.



                                                              

7 comments:

  1. •I really like how the text bubbles show up when the game starts and when you win

    •One suggestion I have is for you is to make the fish change costumes when it goes left, right, etc. I had this problem as well and I looked at this code (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/222549/)and added change costume blocks.

    • I think if you add what I suggested it will make the game better than it already is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your jumping script. However, I had a problem with the cat randomly glitching around the screen. Overall, Nice consept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked you consept of getting the bad guys. However I am having a hard time getting the Cat to jump. You could try when press space bar, change y by 20. But overall I loved the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you made the cat get to the bad guys. Like Alexander said above, the cat kind of glitches to one side of the screen whenever I would press the space button. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bad guy but the cat jumps (Glitches) a lot, overall great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bad guy but the cat jumps (Glitches) a lot, overall great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yellow square. Really cute! But, yes Coral is right, the cat glitches a lot. I like how colorful your background is. Overall nice work. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete